Fortnite players will be excited to know that In-Game Tournaments will be available once update 6.10 is released. These tournaments will be available for all players and can be accessed via the Events section. Before playing, keep in mind that these competitions will support all platforms. This means your opponents might be using a mouse, controller, or a touchscreen. Therefore, you need to be ready for all types of professionals when playing.
Tournaments will be scheduled by dates and times, last for hours, and all participants will begin with the same score. Points can be earned by either eliminating opponents or achieving a high placement in the game. The tournament system will attempt to match players that are within the same range of points. As your points increase, the stronger opponents you will be matched with.
Tournament objective will include reaching a certain score which then can award you with an accomplishment pin. Such pins can advance you to the following tournament round which can have more valuable prizes to earn. Once the tournaments are introduced, there will be schedules based on NA, EU, BR, ASIA, and OCE regions.
Finally, once the update is released, there will be initial tournaments with the following schedules:
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participate in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you’re the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer.
- Tomato Temple Cup (Duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description: Become legends of the Tomato Temple Cup.