Every reader of this article most likely watched with excitement as Batman faced Superman in Dawn of Justice. Two of the most iconic heroes of our childhood fighting each other for the first time in a movie. What makes Arena of Valor so interesting is that these two heroes are characters in the game and we wanted to discuss the differences between them on the battlefield.
Superman, The Man of Steel, was born as Kal-El on Planet Krypton. Due to the planet not being able to sustain life anymore, his parents sent him to Earth to survive the extinction of his race. Named Clark by the family that raised him, he grew up with supernatural powers thanks to the radiation of the Earth’s sun.
Batman, The Dark Knight, was born as Bruce Wayne to a billionaire family. His parents were killed as a child by criminals and he grew up dedicating his life to fight criminals. He trained under Ra’s al Ghul’s League of Assassins to become the protector of Gotham City.
In Arena of Valor, Superman has a Max HP of 3322 with 101 Base Defense. Batman has a Max HP of 3292 with an 85 Base Defense. The difference is understandable since Superman is classed as a Warrior / Tank while Batman is classed as an Assassin / Warrior.
Superman’s Attack Damage is at 170 and Critical Damage is at 200. On the other hand, Batman’s Attack Damage is at 171 and his Critical Damage is at 200. In terms of Movement Speed, Superman reaches up to 380 while Batman up to 400. Interestingly, Batman has the advantage in terms of mobility.
Let us explore Superman’s Abilities as described in Arena of Valor:
- Flight: Superman’s passive power allows him to fly or walk. He gains 2% movement speed while charging every 100 units of walking. Once fully charged he is able to fly which grants him 20% movement speed. His normal attacks deal additional physical damage equal to 12% of his own maximum HP.
- Kryptonian Strength: Superman generates a blizzard using his ice breath ability, causing 250 physical damage to enemies and slowing their movement speed by 50% for approximately 1 second. Performed in flight mode allows Superman to knock enemies back while dealing 12% HP damage.
- Man of Steel: This ability allows Superman to reach his potential while increasing movement speed. Performed in flight mode allows Superman to deal 335 physical damage on enemies while ridding himself of control effects.
- Speeding Bullet: Superman taps into his full potential, increasing his charge up speed by 100% for 10 seconds. If performed in flight mode, Superman rams into his enemies and knocks them back, dealing 170 physical damage, and have his charge up speed increased by 100% for 10 seconds.
Let us explore Batman’s Abilities as described in Arena of Valor:
- Caped Crusader: Batman’s passive ability increases his movement speed by 20% when approaching an enemy.
- Forearm Strike: Batman attacks with his forearm blades and dealing 215 physical damage to nearby enemies. One random enemy will take double damage.
- Batarang: Batman launches an explosive Batarang, dealing 165 physical damage to enemies while reducing their movement speed. The target will receive additional physical damage equal to 24% of their lost HP following 3 seconds. Enemies hit are stunned if attacked by Batman again, and Batman restores 140 HP.
- Dark Knight: Batman’s ultimate allows him to conceal himself behind a colony of bats, rendering him invisible after 1.5 seconds. Invisibility lasts for 30 seconds unless he stays within 6 units of an enemy hero for more than 3 seconds. If the ability is used again during invisibility, he will fly towards the target direction, dealing 660 physical damage to enemies in his path. He gains 50% attack speed for 5 seconds after coming out of invisibility.
Finally, we can see that both, Superman and Batman, are powerful heroes in Arena of Valor. While it is clear that Superman has the advantage on Health and Defense, Batman makes up for it in Mobility and Attack Damage. More than anything, it comes down to the player and how each hero is strategically utilized. If you like one of these heroes more than the other then ignore the stats and try to find the best tactical way to utilize your hero on the battlefield. You can watch the official teaser trailer for Arena of Valor below.